Parkview Medical Center offers Flu Shot Clinic
Who: Parkview Medical Center
What: Influenza Vaccine Clinic
When: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Where: Parkview - Pueblo West Emergency Services
899 Industrial Blvd. (on the corner of Industrial and Purcell Blvds. in Pueblo West)
Cost: $20 (cash, check, credit card) or FREE for Medicare B recipients with valid card.
It’s the height of flu season and what can you do to protect yourself? During flu season it is important to practice good hygiene and it’s not too late to get a flu shot. Despite all the publicity about how to prevent and treat the flu, it still hospitalizes 200,000 Americans each year, of whom 36,000 die. Each year, as many as 20% of the population gets the seasonal flu; missing work, missing time with family and friends and feeling miserable for up to two weeks with body aches, fever and chills.
Parkview Medical Center is hosting a community flu vaccine clinic Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at the Parkview Pueblo West ER. Vaccines will be administered to those 5 years or older between 4pm and 7pm, on a first-come, first served basis.
This year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are advising that the following individuals get a flu shot:
- Individuals 50 years of age or older.
- Women who are, or expect to be, pregnant.
- Children and adults with chronic lung or heart problems (including asthma), diabetes, spinal cord injuries, seizure disorders, HIV, Alzheimer’s disease and other cognitive disorders.
- Residents of chronic care facilities.
- Medical personnel and anyone caring for the sick.
- Children and adolescents aged 6 months to 5 years (the Parkview Flu Shot Clinic will only be for 5 years and over).
Getting your flu shot is important for prevention of the virus. The flu shot will only cost $20 which can be paid by cash, check or credit card and those applicable can use their Medicare part B to pay for the flu shot.
The clinic will be at the Pueblo West ER which is on 899 E. Industrial Blvd. If you have any questions please call 584-7319.