Parkview Medical Center supports the job shadowing experience for students interested in exploring careers in healthcare.
- Undeclared students who are 18 years of age or older, who are enrolled in accredited colleges/universities or other medical training classes may observe at the medical center, tour select areas, and speak with healthcare professionals on a request basis through the Community Relations Program Coordinator.
- Must submit a letter of intent requesting observation time at Parkview Medical Center
- Bring a recent letter of recommendation attesting to their character. The letter must include a phone number or email address which can be confirmed
- Proof of a current Tuberculosis (TB) test, or chest x-ray, if positive, must be presented
- If shadowing a physician, a physician sponsorship agreement to include responsibility/direction of observation including patient authorization must be obtained and presented by the student. Must include state and end date to be indicated on badge. No specific form is available for the agreement.
- Drug Screen and Criminal Background Checks are required if observing more than 8 hours or 1 day, to be completed before orientation, and paid by the student
- Once completed and cleared, Community Relations Program Coordinator will call to schedule a 45 minute orientation and coordinate their job shadow experience
- Please bring all required paperwork to orientation
- If minimum requirements are met, contact Community Relations Program Coordinator for questions or to schedule and appointment