We are dedicated to making your baby’s birth a positive experience, for you and your family, from the moment you come to the hospital. The first step in achieving this goal is to ensure a fast, smooth admission process to the Birth Center at Parkview. To serve you better, we begin the pre-admission process ideally at 30 weeks of your pregnancy. If you feel that you need to pre-register earlier, we can also meet that need.
In preparation of your stay at Parkview, please schedule a pre-admission appointment by 32 weeks of your pregnancy.
- Call 719.584.4036 to speak to a Parkview pre-admission coordinator or access our voice-mail system to leave a message. You will need your insurance card available when making your appointment (also bring to appointment).
- When you arrive, please come through the main entrance and check in at the information desk. Make arrangements to arrive 30 minutes early in order to check in at the desk and be directed to the appropriate area.
- Please make sure you bring your current insurance card to your appointment.
- Valet parking is available until from 5:30am to 8:30pm at the main entrance. If you do not use valet parking, come a few minutes early to find parking.
- Please contact your pediatrician or family care provider prior to your appointment to make sure they can care for your baby as a patient after he/she is born.
The pre-admission appointment includes:
- Epidural film
- Labor and delivery consents
- Tour (if room is available)
- Discuss your needs and desires for your birth experience
- Discuss the labor and delivery process, breastfeeding, skin to skin care and postpartum care
Your significant other is welcome to attend the appointment with you. As you decide who will accompany you to your pre-admission appointment keep in mind we will be speaking about your personal medical history during this visit.