Parkview Medical Center Hosts Flu Shot Clinic January 21st
Who: Parkview Medical Center
What: Influenza Vaccine Clinic
When: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Where: Parkview Medical Center – Greenwood Entrance, between 17th & 15th Street
Cost: $15 (cash, check, credit card) or FREE for Medicare B recipients with valid card.
It’s the height of flu season and what can you do to protect yourself? During flu season it is important to practice good hygiene and it’s not too late to get a flu shot. Despite all the publicity about how to prevent and treat the flu, it still hospitalizes 200,000 Americans each year, of whom 36,000 die. Each year, as many as 20% of the population gets the seasonal flu; missing work, missing time with family and friends and feeling miserable for up to two weeks with body aches, fever and chills. Pueblo has already seen 55 hospitalized cases and two deaths related to the flu this year.
Parkview Medical Center is hosting a community flu vaccine clinic Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at the medical center’s Greenwood Street entrance. Vaccines will be administered to those 3 years or older between 4pm and 7pm, on a first-come, first served basis.
This year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are advising that the following individuals get a flu shot:
Individuals 50 years of age or older.
- Women who are, or expect to be, pregnant.
- Children and adults with chronic lung or heart problems (including asthma), diabetes, spinal cord injuries, seizure disorders, HIV, Alzheimer’s disease and other cognitive disorders.
- Residents of chronic care facilities.
- Medical personnel and anyone caring for the sick.
- Children and adolescents aged 6 months to 5 years (the Parkview Flu Shot Clinic will only be for those 3 years and over).
Getting your flu shot is important for prevention of the virus. The flu shot will only cost $15 which can be paid by cash, check or credit card and those applicable can use their Medicare part B to pay for the flu shot.
If you have any questions please call 584-7319.