Parkview Foundation awards 2016 scholarships
The Parkview Foundation is proud to announce the recipients for its 2016 scholarship awards.
The Foundation made awards to 17 students worth $45,000 in total.
“These scholarships help maintain a strong health care workforce in Pueblo and Southern Colorado,” said Lisa Siegel, executive director of the Foundation. “That strikes at the heart of our mission to support Parkview Medical Center in its efforts to provide the best quality health care to the people it serves.”
The foundation determines the need for scholarships by identifying professions in high demand. Of the 17 awards, 16 are in some level of nursing, from associate’s degrees to the master’s level, and one recipient is pursuing a degree in health care management.
The scholarships have a local focus, going either to Pueblo County residents or students at Pueblo Community College or Colorado State University-Pueblo.
The scholarship recipients are:
- Parkview Medical Staff Healthcare in memory of Dr. Paul McCaffrey, $2,500 each; Billie Baros and Lindsey Bollinger.
- C.W. Smith Healthcare Scholarship, one at $2,500; Amanda McClure.
- SCEMA Nursing & PAL’s Scholarship, two at $1,500 each; Spencer Waller and John Lenhart.
- Employee Nursing, eight at $3,000 each, Phebe Golden, Bobbi Hall, Brandi Peterson, Georgina Pisciotta, Kristina Wolf, Ashley Yates, Sarah Masimer and Megan Prewitt-Petty.
- Community Nursing, two at $3,000 each; Holly Waller and Terra Chambers.
- Ruth E. & O. Dale Harmon Parkteen Scholarship, one at $2,500; Taylor Benedict.
- Frances Brown Memorial Scholarship, one at $2,000; Brittany Slattery.