Parkview Foundation Announces Scholarship Recipients
PUEBLO, September 1, 2020– The Parkview Foundation and its scholarship committee is proud to announce the recipients for its 2020 scholarship awards.
The foundation made awards to 21 students worth $60,500. To date, the Parkview Foundation has given approximately $960,000 to students furthering their education.
“The foundation is honored to help support and maintain the healthcare workforce in Pueblo and Southern Colorado. The applicant pool was exceptionally strong this year and we will work diligently as a foundation to keep providing assistance to students,” stated Lisa Siegel, Executive Director of the Parkview Foundation.
The foundation committee consisted of Greg Johnson, Cheryl Shirley, Mitch Brown and Rick Gonzalez. Award winners vary from obtaining their BSN and Doctorate of Nursing, Surgical Technology Associate Degree and Master’s Degree in Leadership.
The scholarships have a local focus, going either to Pueblo County residents or students at Pueblo Community College or Colorado State University-Pueblo.
The scholarship recipients are:
- Parkview Foundation Community Nursing Scholarship, four at $3,000 each; Jordan Sisneros, Devan Sicher, Sarah Royal, Chloe Kraus.
- C.W. Smith Healthcare Scholarship, one at $2,500; Brandi Peterson.
- Parkview Medical Staff Healthcare Scholarship in Memory of Dr. Charles Salerno, two at $2,500 each; Crystal Wahlen, Amber Wharton.
- SCEMA Scholarship, two at $1,500 each; Veda Bigley, Elizabeth McCullohs.
- Employee Nursing, nine at $3,000 each, Olivia Wood, Lea Cassidy, Devin Martin, Bret Ricklefs, Leo Ybarra, Taylor Arellano, Courtney Medeiros, Heather Pate, Amanda Swope.
- Parkview Foundation Non-Clinical Healthcare Scholarship, one at $3,000; Audra Hazel.
- Dr. Thomas Reichert Memorial Scholarship, one at $3,000; Stephanie Hager.
- Dr. Matthew Sumpter Memorial Scholarship, one at $2,000; Lorin Aragon.