Parkview Foundation Announces 2021 Scholarship Recipients
The Parkview Foundation and its scholarship committee is proud to announce the recipients for its 2021 scholarship awards.
Twenty-three students were awarded scholarships to further their education, with a total impact of $66,000.
“Now, more than ever, it is evident healthcare workers are needed and we are honored to help support the healthcare workforce in Southern Colorado. It is our goal to continue to grow our resources in the Parkview Foundation to increase scholarships each year. I want to thank our board committee members for their tireless effort to award scholarships in an incredibly strong applicant pool,” stated Lisa Siegel, Executive Director of the Parkview Foundation.
The foundation committee consisted of Rick Gonzalez, Greg Johnson, Allison Nizami, Michelle Ribaudo, and Dr. Brittany Skewes. Award winners vary from obtaining their BSN and Doctorate of Nursing, Surgical Technology Associate Degree and Master’s Degree in Leadership.
The scholarships have a local focus. All scholarship recipients are Pueblo County residents.
The scholarship recipients are:
- C.W. Smith Healthcare Scholarship, Richard Pena
- Harmon Family Parkteen Scholarships, Gia Genova
- Dr. Steven Nafziger Medical Staff Scholarship, Nicole Deverich, Ryan Wheat
- Parkview Foundation Nursing Scholarship, Ayrionna Benavidez, Veda Bigley, Lea Cassidy, Meagan Cosby, Samantha Frankmore, Amy Foraker, Alexis Garcia, Samantha Garcia, Katherine Ortiz, Meghan Rivera, Derek Simony, Krysta Swallow, Vanessa Tom, Kyler Weaver
- Medical Lab Science, Jaqueline Gomez-Suzuki, Eleanor Medina, Lauren Smith Mikelah Rae Suzuki
- SCEMA Scholarship, Jordan Sisneros, Abigail Smith
- Parkview Foundation Non-Clinical Healthcare Scholarship, Stephanie Hager, Sherry Vigil
- Dr. Matthew Sumpter Memorial Scholarship, Shayla Mitio
To date, the Parkview Foundation has given over one million in funding to students furthering their education. If you are interested in supporting healthcare scholarships, please visit https://www.parkviewmc.com/ways-to-give/ or call 719-584-4526.