Brain and Spine Care
At Parkview Medical Center, get the exceptional brain and spine care close to home that you’d typically find at a large metropolitan medical center. In fact, we’re the closest Level II trauma center for residents of southern Colorado and northern New Mexico who experience neurological emergencies.
Exceptional Brain & Spine Care
Visiting a loved one?
Learn more about guidelines for visiting someone in the Neuro-Trauma Intensive Care Unit
You can trust our dedicated team of medical professionals to provide you or your loved one with care that meets the highest standards of quality.
Because of our certification as a Level II trauma center, you can expect fast access to care and 24/7 access to trauma surgeons and brain and spine specialty surgeons and physicians. And our certification by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center means your loved one’s personalized treatment will include advanced stroke therapies as well as post-treatment education to help improve health and well-being long term.
Neurological Conditions We Treat
Your team of highly experienced neurologists, neurosurgeons, trauma surgeons and orthopedists can provide extensive services and treatments for a variety of brain and spine conditions, including:
- Brain or head injury
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar spinal conditions – Conditions of the upper, middle and lower back
- Compression fractures
- Craniocervical junction disorders – Abnormalities in the bones and joints that connect the head and neck
- Hemorrhage – Bleeding from a ruptured blood vessel
- Lumbar herniated disc
- Osteoporotic fracture – Bone break caused by osteoporosis, or brittle bones
- Pediatric neurological trauma
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury – Sudden trauma, usually a blow to the head, that causes damage to the brain