What is Pulmonary Rehab?
Outside Entrance Only
ParkWest Medical Complex
3676 Parker Blvd
Pueblo, CO 81008
Pulmonary Rehab is a program for people with chronic lung disease. To use Parkview Pulmonary Rehab, you must have a physician referral.
- Moderate, Severe or Very Severe COPD
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Interstial Lung Disease
How can our program help?
- Increase ability to perform daily physical activities
- Improve ability to do self-care tasks
- Lessen severity and frequency of repeated infections
- Reduce COPD symptoms. For example, coughing, sputum production and shortness of breath
- Reduce hospitalizations
Families are encouraged to visit the outpatient facility to discuss the program details with our team.
What can I expect?
Each session of monitored exercise is individualized to each patient to promote pulmonary fitness.
- Progressive strengthening of respiratory and skeletal muscles
- Instruction in correct breathing techniques
- Design of a helpful home therapy and exercise program
- Relaxation training to reduce anxiety and dyspnea
- Determination of equipment needs and instruction for proper use
- Medication management
- Support for the family and patient
Continuing Your Healthy Lifestyle
After completion of monitored sessions, patients are encouraged to make exercise a life-long commitment.
- Home exercise regimen
- Gym exercise regimen
- Parkview’s maintenance program, which continues your pulmonary rehabilitation with a medical supervision
- Education to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Oxygen provided
Most insurance providers will cover the majority, if not all, of the cost for pulmonary rehabilitation or payment can be made individually.