Skip to Content


To protect patients and health care workers, click the button below for the latest updates and information for COVID-19 at Parkview.

COVID-19 Resources


Urogynecologists are medical doctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of female pelvic floor disorders. They help women with problems like urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, and pelvic organ prolapse.

These doctors focus on the pelvic organs, such as the vagina, uterus, rectum, and bladder. They prescribe medicines, perform surgery, and treat noncancerous conditions. They also treat problems with the pelvic floor. This is the muscles, ligaments, nerves, and other tissues that support the pelvic organs and help control their functions.

Urogynecologists are certified in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery. This is a subspecialty recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties. They are identified by the initials "FPMRS" (Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery) in their titles. Both ob-gyns and urologists can take this training and be certified.

Health Library

  • Urogynecologist

Connect With Us

  • facebook
  • YouTube
  • twitter
  • GlassDoor
  • LinkedIn
  • Instagram

400 West 16th Street, Pueblo, CO 81003